Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Las Cruces New Mexico

The adventure continues!

It has taken me awhile but I have a growing respect and appreciation for the desert. Picacho Peak SP in Arizona was a particularly nice campground with beautiful saguaro cactus and Big views. The drive through Arizona and into New Mexico has been pleasant with some fields of wild flowers and signs for a roadside a something called The THING. (We didn’t stop).

We are now at Leasburg Dam SP and today is a down day for me. I am spending 2 days at this park while my traveling buddy has gone into town to visit a friend. It’s great timing as my last several days have been hectic and crowded. This park is quiet with easy trails. I walked along the Rio Grande but the water was very low. 

Tomorrow is a long driving day. We are stopping one night in Texas and then on to one of our main goals, Louisiana. 

This park has a cute cactus garden and I have a few pics below.











No comments:

Post a Comment