Friday, March 6, 2020

Day 2 of big trip and Wham Bam, no thank you mam!

March 5, 2020

A Monster turkey has taken me down. One hour away from my destination a Big Tom launched himself at my van and smashed the windshield. My friend traveling behind me said it looked like an explosion of feathers then a very naked turkey rolled off my van and into the street. He got up though...and apparently wandered off...dazed and confused.

So here I sit at a glass repair place in Escondido. I had to have my van towed. My friend in her van stayed with me and we spent the night in a kind of dicey parking lot right next to a...TRAIN that seemed to run all night with loud horns. So very little sleep, not to mention some delivery guy knocking on my window at 5am. I did not respond as I was not blocking him.

Hopefully I will be back on the road soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment